Monday, November 26, 2012

HBBC Week #1 Recap

So, Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge Week #1 is in the books. Bottom line: it was awesome. I was so inspired by everyone's daily workouts that I surely ran and worked out more than I would have had I been left to my own devices! I hope that I can continue to use the amazing motivation and carry this on through the remaining 6 weeks.

There is still time to join. Click Here!
HBBC Week #1 Roll-Up: (I'm going to borrow Jill Conyers method of wrap-up)
Miles Run/Walk: 9.17
Strength/Core Workouts: 6
Yoga Practice: 0
Group Cardio Workouts: 4
Days w/ Complete Freggies Intake: 7

Total Weekly HBBC Points: 41.1




Week 1 Goal: Eat my fruits and veggies

I did very well. I realized that I was actually doing better than I thought I'd been before the challenge, however a lot of that was coming from juice and I'd like more of it to come from whole fruits & veggies. During week #1, I did increase my whole Freggies intake, so that's good. I just want to keep it up.
No, this isn't my workout buddy,
but it's the only pic I took this week! ha!

Surprise of the week: Matt had more free time than we'd expected, so we got in a lot of buddy workouts, which is always awesome. We did BodyCombat together on Wed, BodyCombat and CXWORX on Thanksgiving, and he was able to come to both of my BodyPump classes on Friday and Sat, after which we sweat on the elliptical together and then joined our friend Katrin for more CXWORX. It makes the workouts so much better when my buddy is there. ;) And with his busy schedule, I know he loved having the time to get some quality workouts in as well!

Were you able to stay on track with your goals through the crazy holiday week? Do you have your own method of accountability to keep your workouts and nutrients on track?




4 comments:

  1. i can get David to run with me and bike, but not other workouts. I think if he would do p90x then I would actually stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love doing P90X together, but recently I have been the bad one and can't get out of bed early enough to do it with Matt before work! :) I wish you guys were closer and could come do Pump with me!

      Delete
  2. Solid week! I hope this week is going just as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EmDub! My stated goal this week was 20 mins of yoga a day and I've been sticking with it. My unstated goal was to try and get a swim in (like you, I'm a swimmer at heart - but haven't hit the water in....well, at least a year!). So far no swim. Next week, it will be my goal to get in at least one swim after one of my classes at the gym! Thanks for the motivation and reminder...hehe.

      Delete