Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Samara's Love Letter to Nuun

Dear Nuun,
I love you.  I’ve only known you for two years now, but you’ve made such a huge impact on my life.  I would be so honored to spend a weekend with you, running my tail off, and sharing with others how you are a critical piece in my training and competing.
I met you in October 2009. I was training for the Florida Ironman and, being a procrastinator, waited until the month before the race to set my nutrition plan.  I’d been competing in triathlons for 10 years at that point, and whenever I’d tried to push it on the run, I’d always get huge cramps in my quads that would force me to pull back.  For such an enormous undertaking, I wanted to be sure to be the best I could, as well as be safe...my goal was to not kill myself.  This is where you stepped in. I vaguely followed a nutrition plan that I found online. This plan mentioned utilizing a low calorie electrolyte drink and listed you as a good example. I created my shopping list, ran to the bike store, and picked up my supplies, to include my first sleeve of Nuun.  I utilized you for the rest of my train up, but it was during the race that I noticed the vast difference in the way that my body reacted to racing with you by my side.  This Ironman was the first time I’d run a distance longer than a half marathon - and I did not get the normal quad cramps at all! Wisely using Nuun throughout my race helped regulate my electrolytes and keep my body up and running through the full 13 hours ~ mind blowing! You won my heart on this day and I will never turn back ~ I take you with me on all of my races!
A few months ago, I started a blog with my best friend so that we can share our enthusiasm for Healthy and Fit Living with others.  We are steadily building our base of followers and I would be so honored to share this once in a lifetime experience, participating in the Nuun HOOD TO COAST Relay Team, with our friends.
Sincerely yours,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment