Friday, May 20, 2011

Beginner SMART Couponing

Beginner EXTREME SMART Couponing

Okay, before you stop reading because this isn't worth your time...IT IS WORTH YOUR TIME. Who doesn't want free groceries and sundry items?! And you don't have to be extreme to save your family money. I’m going to call this SMART couponing.

I've been using coupons for a few years and the only time you could title me EXTREME was when I'd apply a coupon to a BOGO deal at Publix. I've been proud of my savings every time I shop, but I've known that I could do better. I just didn't take the time to learn. The other day, I found Extreme Couponing on TLC and watched an episode. I then went to sleep thinking...I have GOT to learn how to do better or I’m throwing away my money! Over the last few days, I started researching. These are the sites I've found helpful if you are a beginner like me:

http://www.blogger.com/www.couponmom.com (videos on how to use the circulars and the site to max savings at YOUR local store each week)

http://www.blogger.com/www.livingrichwithcoupons.com (blogs on how to start out as a beginner - not all the links work, but when they do, they provide helpful info)

These two should get you started: I don't want you to feel overwhelmed like I was at first.

Once you learn the basics of following the couponmom.com site and learning when to find your strike point on HOT deals, then you can begin to collect the coupon circulars (from both your weekly Sunday paper and online - or, if you're like me, in Miami, we get the Red Plum circular in the mail each week - SCORE!)
Here is my current Organization Strategy and my helper.

Okay, now it's time to save. Once you've read through those two websites, and you have questions, post them here and I'll answer as best as I can. And of course, feel free to share any tricks you've learned while practicing SMART couponing!

Tomorrow, I will post my first two trips using the couponing tips I learned at the above sites...Trust me, you will want to see this AND try it for yourself!

Time Crunch: 2 Hours spent researching couponing methods, 1 hour spent organinzing my coupons and making my first shopping list. (I think this will speed up in the future!)



No comments:

Post a Comment